Wednesday, June 24, 2009

3.2, Tier 9, and and 10m Ulduar Hard modes, oh my!

As many of you may have heard, 3.2's patch notes have been released, and the PTR has been opened once more for trial. So far I'm relatively pleased with the direction that moonkin are now moving in, though as Graylo mentions in his blog, there's still a few kinks that need to be worked out, and I'm desperately hoping that the 4-piece tier 9 set bonus is just a place holder! Eep!

Anyway, I must say I am pretty excited overall however. Blizzard has made a few good strides toward improving moonkin dps so far with the current patch notes, and I'm pretty eager to see what else is coming.

On another note however... the release of the PTR patch notes and the flood of information regarding 3.2 has started to worry me slightly. As you may remember, my guild worked toward (and succeeded at!) getting the Glory of the Raider achievements completed with 3.0/naxx/eoe/os. However, when 3.1 came out, the ability to complete that meta achievement and get a Plagued Proto Drake was removed, leaving a few of our group shy ONE measly achievement (gonna go when the volcano blows, of all things!) of getting their drakes.

I would absolutely hate to see something like that happen again when 3.2 comes out... I want to see more of my guildmates sporting the Rusted Proto Drake so I am hoping that the patch will be a good while longer in coming.

However, we did get started on our achievement runs last week! We "built" a group of raiders and took them into Ulduar 10 with the desire to work on some hard modes and tackle a few achievements. In about 3 hours, we managed to do Flame Leviathan 2/4 towers, 1/3 Freya's elders, as well as get the Crazy Cat Lady, Stokin the Furnace, Lose Your Illusion, Heartbreaker, and I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare.

Pretty proud of the crew, and we're going in tonight for even more attempts, and I think we're going to try our hands at 3/3 elders, IC hard mode, and possibly the 25 dwarves on Razor. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: